Rhett and I went to New York City this past weekend to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We went to as many places as we could in the short span of time we were there- Empire State Building, Central Park, WTC, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Stock Exchange, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Broadway, Yankee Stadium, Macy's, UN, Chelsea Piers, Madison Square Garden, Chinatown, and Harlem. We went to 2 Broadway plays- The Lion King and Phantom of the Opera. They were both amazing! We also went on a sunset harbor cruise. It's a totally different perspective from the water. We went to the Yankee's game Friday night. There was a 2 hour rain delay, but they finally got started around 9. There are only a few more games in that stadium. The new Yankee stadium is right across the street and we got to see that as well. We went to Chinatown and bought some purses. The first time we went to Chinatown we knew something was weird- none of the sellers would talk to us and it felt funny. We found out later the police had come through. We went back the next day. As soon as we got off the double decker bus, a little Chinese lady was standing there and took us around the corner. They had the walkie talkie cell phones and we got into the back of a minivan with her. All of the windows were covered and the purses were stacked up on shelves. When we were done, she called out on the walkie talkie and another lady came to open the door when it was safe. Definately an interesting experience. We could see Times Square from our hotel room. We saw the naked cowboy on Sunday. Apparently there is now a naked cowgirl- we saw her several times and I would not say she was the best looking person I've ever seen..a little rough.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How fun!!! You told me you were going out of town but I had no idea it was to NYC. Looks like a blast. I can't wait to see your "purses". Happy 5 year anniversary.
I can't believe it has been 5yrs, my how time flys. It looks like y'all were having a wonderful time. New York is on my list of things before I get to old to manuver on my own. Happy belated anniversary. Come see us when you are in town and are not to busy.
Brenda
Post a Comment