Monday, November 3, 2008

Tech beats Texas!!!!!!!

Saturday was a very long day. It started before 7:00am when we went to the ESPN college gameday set on the Tech campus. The line to get in right behind the stage wrapped all the way down Broadway back to University. We met up with our friends Carl and Jenelle and his sister Kimbie. We found a place on the right side of the stage. The sunrise was really pretty that morning. There were sooo many signs! And they were all really creative. The show started at 9am. Bobby Knight appeared on the show and of course picked Tech in his own unique fashion- I think his exact words were "I hope we kick their ass". Then Corso picked Tech and put on the Red Raider head. The crowd went wild. I have no way of telling how many people were there, but it was too bad most of the students were lined up to get into the game back at the stadium. We TIVO'd Gameday and watched it last night- we saw our signs several times and saw ourselves twice. The students started camping out for the game I think last Monday. They named their "city" Raiderville and had a mayor, city council and a population sign that was changed as more students came. By the time we left Gameday, the students were wrapped around the stadium. I think only 12,000 were let into the game. So we left gameday, went home, showered, changed clothes, ate lunch and then went back up to the tailgate. Dad had gone Friday afternoon to put up the tents. We had a lot of fun seeing friends that we had not seen in a long time. There were sooo many people there. Someone said there were more people outside the stadium tailgating and watching the game on tv than there were inside for the game. The game of course was fantastic! The energy was something I had never seen before. And that's saying something since I have been going with my parents ever since I was very little. And bless their hearts- they have been going since before I was born. We have sat through many losing seasons, games we should have won and didn't and of course snow and rain. I think they deserved this win more than anyone. Unfortuantly we still have 2 very difficult games coming up. But even if they don't turn out the way we want, this win was worth everything. The slide show has pictures from all day long, sorry it's kinda long.

No comments: